Thursday, September 9, 2010

You Thought I Had Forgotten, Didn't You?

So, Band Camp once again forced me to take a hiatus from the blog...but never fear, I'm back now*, and have plenty of ideas for stuff to write about. *"Back" being a relative term, since school's now started* These include:

1) BC football
2) The Cy Young races, and the mistake of relying too much on wins
3) Who the heck is Carlos Gonzalez, why has no one bothered to talk about him until now, and how in the world is he THIS CLOSE to winning the Triple Crown (along with going 30-30)?

So buckle up, because it's going to be good. The other in-depth stuff, we'll just have to see. The fantasy baseball investigation may have to be shelved permanently, but I'll let you in on my hypothesis. In my mind, teams that have smaller standard deviations from their average weekly production - in other words, those that perform more consistently from week to week - will be the ones which are generally most successful. Similarly, players that perform most consistently on a weekly basis and aren't streaky are more valuable. Boom, done.

No comments: