Saturday, October 1, 2011

They Think WHO Should Manage The Red Sox?

In the wake of Tito's being let go by the Sox today, ESPNBoston ran a piece listing off some of the possible candidates for the newly-vacant manager position. The biggest names thrown out by Joe McDonald & Gordon Edes were Joe Torre, Tony La Russa and Bobby Valentine. This was (and as of 2 minutes ago, still is) the graphic that ran with the article on the front page:


I see Torre. I see La Russa. But I don't see Valentine. And I could not, for the life of me, figure out for the longest time who the guy in the middle was despite knowing his face very well - except that it wasn't Bobby Valentine, or for that matter, anybody else listed in the article. 5 minutes ago, I realized who that is - and now I wonder why ESPNBoston is apparently trying to indicate that Bobby Cox is a possible candidate to be the new manager of the Red Sox.

That's going to be embarrassing for someone when they catch whoever screwed up.

No comments: