Monday, October 10, 2011

I Can Predict the Future

Admittedly, it's a small sample size - but what did I say yesterday? That the NLCS was going to be decided based on which team's lineup hit better beyond its superstars (STL's Murderers' Row of Pujols/Berkman/Holliday; MIL's 1-2 Punch of Braun/Fielder). Well, Milwaukee won Game 1 yesterday, 9-6...and the numbers don't lie.

*Rest of Cardinals' Lineup: 4-23 (.174), 5 runs, 3 RBIs
Rest of Brewers' Lineup: 8-27 (.296), 6 runs, 3 RBIs

*Granted, the Cardinals have one less batter with which to match up against the Brewers here. But it's the principle of the thing.
 
So yeah. At least in Game 1, my theory was given some weight. I'll keep tracking this, because A) I want to be proven right, and B) I'm now curious to find out if I in fact was right.

No comments: